Ely, Cambridgeshire, CB7 5LQ Directions and opening times
Development Jump Navigation
OVER 70% SOLD
Calling first time buyers! Get in touch to find out how Help to Buy: Equity Loan, can help you secure your place on the property ladder with just a 5% deposit.
Rayners Green is a unique collaboration between Hill and Scotsdales, offering stunning homes in the idyllic village of Fordham, Cambridgeshire. These homes provide a mix of 68 beautifully designed new two, three and four bedroom private sale homes with an excellent specification.
From the green open spaces which greet you at the entrance to Rayners Green, to its boundaries of mature trees and views of rural Cambridgeshire’s iconic big skies, it is clear that this is a community with an emphasis on landscaping and nature. Rayners Green is a proud collaboration between Hill – the award-winning developers known for creating homes and communities in harmony with their surroundings – and Scotsdales, the local leading garden centre and plant experts.
All of these two, three and four-bedroom homes have been designed to complement the existing architecture in the historic, thriving village of Fordham. The unique location and environment has inspired this community – from the leafy shared streets to your home and garden with its sense of space, and character-touches such as bay windows and pitched roofs.
The village of Fordham has everything you need day-to-day – and quite a few unexpected hidden gems including a Michelin-featured restaurant, an outstanding school and an active community. When you need to venture further afield, you have an array of superb rail and road links in all directions for days out and comfortable commuting. All of this, plus gardening experts on your doorstep, makes Rayners Green the perfect place for you to grow.
- Coming Soon
- Traditionally constructed brick and block outer walls, cavity filled with insulation
- Concrete floor to ground floors with timber to upper floors
- Exterior treatments are a combination of buff and red facing bricks and with render to some properties
- Plain concrete roof tiles
- uPVC rain-water goods
Kitchen & Utility
Contemporary and stylish bespoke kitchens, each kitchen designed and specified for the individual house type and featuring high gloss doors and drawers with laminate worktops and matching upstands. Energy efficient and sleek appliances have been selected to complement the look and design of the kitchens.
Zanussi ceramic hob with stainless steel splashback
Zanussi integrated single oven
Zanussi integrated fridge/freezer
Zanussi integrated dishwasher
Integrated cooker hood
Blanco stainless steel sink with contemporary Blanco mixer tap
LED feature lighting to wall units
Soft close to doors and drawers
Zanussi integrated washer/dryer (where no utility)
Kitchen designs and layouts vary; please speak to our Sales Executives for further information.
Utility (where applicable)
- Units and worktops to complement kitchen
- Blanco stainless steel sink with Blanco mixer tap
- Zanussi integrated washer/dryer
Utility room designs and layouts vary; please speak to our Sales Executives for further information
Bathroom & En-Suite
Ideal Standard sanitary ware combined with Hansgrohe taps and showers are used throughout and dark wood effect vanity tops add a touch of elegance to create stunning bathrooms.
- Bath with shower over and glass screen or separate shower enclosure
- Low profile shower tray with glass shower door where applicable
- Dark wood effect vanity tops
- Large format wall and floor tiles
- Heated chrome towel rails
Our elegant and stylish master en-suites feature white Ideal Standard sanitary ware and complementing taps and showers by Hansgrohe, with dark wood effect vanity tops adding a hint of sophistication.
- Low profile shower tray with glass shower door
- Dark wood effect vanity tops
- Large format wall and floor tiles
- Heated chrome towel rails
Heating & Water
- Radiators throughout
- Heated chrome towel rails to bathroom and en-suite
- Gas fired boiler
- Hot water storage tank
- Downlights to selected locations including kitchen, bathroom, en-suite, WC and utility room
- Pendant fittings to selected locations including entrance hall, living room, dining room and all bedrooms
- LED feature lighting to wall units in kitchen
- White moulded electrical switches and sockets throughout
- Shaver sockets to bathroom and en-suite
- TV, BT and data points to selected locations
- Wiring for customer’s own broadband connection
- Pre-wired for customer’s own SkyQ connection
- External lighting to front and rear of property
- Light and power to garages
- Hard-wired smoke and heat detectors
- Spur for customer’s own installation of security alarm panel
- Amtico flooring to entrance hall, WC, kitchen, kitchen/breakfast room, kitchen/dining room, open plan kitchen/living/dining areas and utility room
- Carpet to separate living rooms, living/dining rooms, study, stairs, landing and bedrooms
- Large format tiles to bathroom and en-suite
- White painted timber staircase with carpeted treads and risers
- White painted flush internal doors with contemporary brushed stainless steel ironmongery
- Built in mirrored wardrobe with sliding doors to master bedroom
- Square cut skirting and architrave
- Walls painted in white emulsion
- Smooth ceilings in white emulsion
- Landscaping to front garden
- Turf to rear garden
- Paved patio
- Timber or brick divisional and boundary fencing
- External tap
- GRP front door with multi-point locking system
- High efficiency double glazed UPVC windows, with matching patio doors, finished white inside
- Up and over garage door, colour to match front door
The area of ecological landscape behind Plots 69-77 at Rayners Green is divided between these plots as per conveyancing drawings. Therefore the responsibility to look after and maintain the divided sections will sit with the purchaser of said plot.
A management company has been set up and will be responsible for the management and maintenance of the private road serving Plots 79-82 and Plots 53-57. Only the homeowners of these plots will be members and directors of this management company.
- 10 year NHBC warranty
Ways to buy
ImageA Thriving Community
At first glance, Fordham is the quintessential Cambridgeshire village, with its pretty thatched cottages, duck pond and historic public houses. It is also home to a thriving community and some of the region’s lesser-known treasures – such as Fordham primary school – rated Outstanding by Ofsted, Michelin-guide featured restaurant and the boutique Hat Shop, perfect for browsing for that special event at the world-famous Newmarket racecourse. There are weekly events for all ages at Fordham’s Victoria Hall, a Georgian manor house and gardens. Fordham Abbey is also home to the UK’s first Sake brewery and centre for Japanese Culture, while Fordham Woods are a designated biological site of special interest due to the rare flora and fauna there. Everything you need is on your doorstep, from the local Co-op to the traditional butchers.
ImageSteeped in HistoryNewmarket is under five miles away with its thriving town, its world famous racecourse and its train station where you can catch regular railway services to Cambridge, Stansted Airport, Norwich, London King’s Cross, Peterborough and Ipswich. Ely is less than 10 miles away, with its iconic cathedral, pretty scenery and numerous shops and eateries.The beautiful architecture and world-class shopping, culture and leisure facilities of Cambridge are less than 20 miles way – perfect for days out or daily commuting. The Park and Ride on Newmarket Road takes the hassle of parking away and makes visiting this wonderful city even easier. Cambridge is also home to major employers, such as Addenbrooke’s Hospital and the Cambridge Biomedical Campus, occupied by organisations such as AstraZeneca, GSK, Abcam and CRUK.
ImageConveniently ConnectedWhen you need the car, the A14 (approximately three miles) and the A11 (approximately six miles) are all within easy reach of Fordham, taking you directly north, south, east or west. Fordham also has shared cycle routes which link to national routes taking you into Cambridge, Ely and the wider network.For days out further afield, Thetford Forest is just over 20 miles away with its excellent walking and bike trails, and the brilliant shopping and eateries of Bury St Edmunds are also less than 20 miles from your door.Rayners Green offers you the peace of village life with an abundance of things to do when you are ready for a change of pace. It is the perfect place to grow.
ImageEat and Be Merry
When you don’t want the hassle of cooking, or want an impromptu evening out, local pubs The Crown and The Chequers provide traditional pub food – the latter also providing takeaway Indian meals – and both run regular community events. For special occasions The White Pheasant – featured in The Good Food Guide and The Michelin Guide – is well-known in the region for fine dining using local seasonal ingredients. And of course, Scotsdales Garden Centre is literally on your doorstep, with its beautiful arrangements of plants, flowers and gifts as well as its Sunflower café. When you need to venture further afield, you couldn’t be better placed…
Scotsdales Garden Centre0.1 miles
The White Pheasant0.1 miles
Carter Street Butchers0.3 miles
Co-op shop0.3 miles
Fordham C of E Primary School0.5 miles
Soham Village College2.4 miles
Get in touch
Visit our Sales Suite today and view our beautiful three and four bedroom show homes.
Virtual tours and video calls also available
A Proud Collaboration between