St James Quay
Norwich, Norfolk, NR3 1TY Directions and opening times
Development Jump Navigation
NEW PHASE OVER 50% SOLD
Introducing St James Quay: a brand new urban community of one, two and three-bedroom apartments and two bedroom duplexes in its current phase, that combine modern architecture with deep-rooted heritage set to sympathetically regenerate the central Norwich riverside area. Plans include carefully restoring and preserving a section of the famous city wall that will run through the heart of the development.
5% Deposit Contribution of £14,497 available on our Spotlight Plot!*
Plot 155 in The Fry Building is now available with a 5% Deposit Contribution of £14,497!*
Spread across two floors with two spacious double bedrooms, two bathrooms and kitchen with fully integrated appliances, Plot 155 is the perfect home!
Benefit from private ground floor entrances as well as first floor balconies and open plan kitchen/living/dining area. Finished to an exceptional standard, this is everything you want for modern city living.
This home is ready to move into now! Make this vibrant riverside community your new home.
*Terms and Conditions apply- available on selected homes only.
Discover St. James Quay
ImageDiscover a New Chapter in This Riverside Story
St James Quay offers all the conveniences of the city centre, combined with the tranquility of this riverside location. The apartments are architecturally designed to capture the spirit and history of the land, built to the highest standard, and finished with luxurious interiors.
ImageBuilding on Rich Heritage
Every element has been meticulously considered, with an eye to the future, and a nod to the past. Brick facades reflect history, from the Georgian mills to the Victorian printworks, whilst modern-day conveniences like underfloor heating and car charging points reflect all the advantages of the present-day.
ImageDestined to Become the Destination
Living here means everything is on your doorstep. Take a short stroll along the riverside footpath from your home to find delicious meals to excellent shops.
- Cycle to chapel field shopping centre in just 4 mins
- Norwich Train Station is located less than a mile away
- 13 min stroll along the riverfront to Jarrolds wine bar
- Coming Soon
- Traditionally constructed brick and block outer walls, cavity-filled with insulation
- Concrete floors
- Exterior treatments are a combination of buff/red/grey/brown facing bricks with metal effect cladding to the Tremain Building and grey roof tiles to the Fry Building
- Aluminium rain-water goods to the Tremain Building, uPVC to the Fry Building
- Gloss units with soft close to doors and drawers
- Caesarstone worktop with matching upstand
- Ceramic hob with glass splashback
- Integrated single oven
- Integrated microwave
- Integrated dishwasher
- Integrated fridge/freezer
- Integrated cooker hood
- Stainless steel undermounted sink with contemporary mixer tap
- LED feature lighting to wall units
- Washer/dryer (freestanding in hallway cupboard)
Kitchen designs and layouts vary; please speak to our
Sales Executives for further information
Bathroom & En-Suite
- Bath with shower over and glass screen
- Bath panel to match vanity tops
- Framed feature mirror to match vanity tops (where no en-suite)
- Large format wall and floor tiles
- Heated chrome towel rail
EN-SUITE & SHOWER ROOM
- Low profile shower tray with glass shower door
- Framed feature mirror to match vanity tops (to en-suite only)
- Large format wall and floor tiles
- Heated chrome towel rail
Heating & Water
- Heated chrome towel rails to bathroom, en-suite and shower room
- Gas fired combi boiler to apartments in Fry Building
- Heating via communal heating plant to apartments in Tremain Building
- Underfloor heating throughout all apartments in the Tremain building; all single level apartments and ground floors of duplex apartments in the Fry building
- Radiators to upper floor of duplex apartments
- Downlights to kitchen/living/dining room, bathroom, en-suite and shower room
- Pendant fittings to lobby, hall, all bedrooms and landing to duplex apartments
- LED feature lighting to wall units in kitchen
- Shaver sockets to bathroom, en-suite and shower room
- TV, BT and data points to selected locations
- Fibre connection to all properties for customer’s choice of broadband provider
- Pre-wired for customer’s own Sky Q connection
- Video entry system to every apartment, linked to main entrance door (where accessed off communal area)
- External lighting to balcony
- Hard-wired smoke and heat detectors and carbon monoxide detectors where boiler present
- Sprinkler system to all apartments
- Spur for customer’s own installation of security alarm panel
- Painted front entrance door with multi-point locking system
- High efficiency double glazed aluminium timber composite windows
- Timber internal staircase with carpeted treads and risers to duplex apartments
- White painted flush internal doors with contemporary satin stainless steel ironmongery
- Built in mirrored wardrobe with sliding doors to principal bedroom
- Square cut skirting and architrave
- Walls painted in white emulsion
- Smooth ceilings in white emulsion
- Amtico flooring to lobby, hall and kitchen/living/dining room
- Carpet to bedrooms plus stairs and landing to duplex apartments
- Large format tiles to bathroom, en-suite and shower room
- Porcelain tiles to balcony
Communal Areas & Parking
- Fob controlled access system to communal entrance lobby
- Lift access to all floors (Tremain Building only)
- Cycle and bin storage space
- Letterboxes provided for all apartments within communal entrance lobby where applicable
- Parking spaces available to purchase with selected apartments
- Allocated electric car
The apartment building/s and non-adopted areas at St James Quay will be maintained by a management company of which every home owner will become a member once all the properties have been sold and conveyed. A managing agent has been appointed to maintain these areas and a service charge will be payable by each home owner for the services provided.
- 10-year NHBC warranty
- 250 year lease
- A service charge will be payable for the maintenance of the shared facilities and communal areas
We are unable to accommodate any individual changes, additions or amendments to the specification, layout or plans to any individual home. Please note that it may not be possible to obtain the products as referred to in the specification; in such cases a similar alternative will be provided. Hill reserve the right to make these changes as required.
An annual Estate Charge will be payable by all residents on the estate, which will cover the costs of the management and maintenance of the estate wide communal areas and facilities, including the public open spaces, play area and private estate roads. The Estate Charges are split
equally across all properties on the development.
A block Management Company has been formed at St James Quay and will be responsible for the management and maintenance of the shared services and the internal and external communal areas of the of the apartment blocks.
All leaseholders will automatically be made members of the Management Company when they purchase their property. A managing agent has been appointed to take on the maintenance responsibilities and a service charge will be payable by each homeowner for the services provided.
Ways to buy
ImageRiverside Living at Its Finest
Enjoy the peace of the River Wensum, named from the Anglo-Saxon word for winding. Follow the thread of this beautiful waterway through the centre of Norwich. The riverside walk is peaceful, traffic-free, and offers you a uniquely idyllic journey across to the train station, or into the centre of Norwich. The Wensum brims with wildlife. Peek behind the weeping willows to discover otters, swans, kingfishers, and maybe even a seal who’s travelled in from the coast for a freshwater snack! With such thriving natural wonders, it’s no surprise that the Wensum is the most protected river in Europe, as both a Site of Special Scientific Interest, and a Special Area of Conservation.
ImageNorwich - a Fine City
Make your home at St James Quay and you’ll benefit from all Norwich has to offer, from a brilliant food scene to an excellent cultural offering; all helping you to find the perfect balance between work and play. With two universities, two cathedrals, and one impressive castle, this is a compact city with big aspirations, offering plenty to do and lots to explore. Just ten minutes walk from your city apartment you’ll find, independent shops, delicious meals, and excellent bars.
Described by Thomas Fuller, an English historian, as “a city in an orchard” in 1662, Norwich is the only city in England in the centre of a National Park and is full of lovely parks, hidden woods, and unexpected nature. From your riverside home, you’re only a short half hour walk from Mousehold Heath, 184 acres of fairytale woodland.
Norwich boasts two universities as well as a host of excellent educational institutions for all ages, among this is Norwich School; a selective English independent day school in the grounds of Norwich Cathedral. It is one of the oldest schools in the United Kingdom, it has a traceable history to 1096. Below are some most regarded education facilities in the area:
- Magdalen Gates Primary School - 0.6 miles
- Norwich School - 1.5 miles
- Notre Dame High School - 2.1 miles
- University of East Anglia - 2.7 miles
- Norwich University of Arts - 1.4 miles
- Norwich City College - 0.7 miles
ImageDiverse & Proudly Independent
Caffeine culture is booming in Norwich, with delicious roasts available throughout the city. The much-loved Norwich Lanes are packed full of independent shops. It’s worth wandering down the Royal Arcade for the Art Deco architecture alone, but you’ll find plenty of gorgeous shops too. Stroll along to St Benedict’s for a spot to eat. It’s a smorgasbord of delicacies, typical of the Norwich eatery scene, including local icons and Michelin guide picks. Head out for a gig, play, or comedy show, and then, to round the evening off end the night with a drink or two at one of Norwich’s independent pubs or bars.
Norwich market, winner of the Best Large Outdoor Market in 2019 is a place where you can skip the supermarket and buy fresh, local, and independent: the stallholders source the best food from miles around.
ImageExtremely Well Connected
A gentle 20 minute riverside walk from St James Quay to Norwich train station or a 17 minute walk to Norwich bus station will give access to all popular destinations within a couple of hours.
Norwich International Airport is just 16 minutes by car and offers a host of international destinations for you to explore.
Nuffield Health & Leisure0.2 miles
Wig & Pen Public House0.2 miles
Shiki Japanese Restaurant0.4 miles
Norwich Train Station0.6 miles
Norwich Market0.6 miles
Jarrold Dept. Store0.6 miles
John Lewis0.8 miles
A gentle 20 minute riverside walk from St James Quay to Norwich train station and Norwich International Airport is just 16 minutes by car and offers a host of international destinations for you to explore.
St James Quay is perfectly placed for access to the A11 and beyond.
Just a 17 minute walk to Norwich bus station will give access to all popular destinations in less than 30 minutes.
Get in touch
Come and visit our show apartment!
Virtual Tours and Video Calls also available