St James Quay
Norwich, Norfolk, NR3 1TY Directions and opening times
Development Jump Navigation
NEW SHOW HOME NOW OPEN
Calling first time buyers! Get in touch to find out how Help to Buy: Equity Loan, can help you secure your place on the property ladder with just a 5% deposit.
Introducing St James Quay: a brand new urban community of one, two or three bedroom apartments in its first phase, that combines modern architecture with deep-rooted heritage set to sympathetically regenerate the central Norwich riverside area. Plans include carefully restoring and preserving a section of the famous city wall that will run through the heart of the development.
Riverside Living at its Finest
This landmark development is situated in one of Norwich’s most sought after locations offering stunning views of the river and city skyline, these spacious and light-filled apartments are designed for modern day living.
With detail-orientated design: from the cosy underfloor heating, opulent bathrooms, subtle mood lighting, to the stylish kitchens with integrated appliances - every element has been carefully chosen and framed by city skyline or riverside views.
Plus if you're a first time buyer, purchase using Help to Buy: Equity Loan and you'll only need a 5% deposit to secure your dream home at St James Quay.
History at its Heart
From the effortlessly cool interiors to the robust and traditional architecture, there’s a real feeling of authenticity. Each of the buildings have a modern twist, but the exteriors reflect the surrounding area and evolve a new layer on Norwich's proud heritage: brick facades, fret-cut ironwork- giving their nod to the Georgian mills and townhouses of the past. Woven into the heart of this new neighbourhood are the original medieval city walls - carefully restored and preserved as a focal point for years to come.
Zero Stamp Duty to Pay!
At St James Quay, if you reserve one of our beautiful apartments before 31st August, we'll pay your Stamp Duty. Meaning you could save up to £21,497 on your dream home. Speak to our team today to find out more.
*subject to terms and conditions
Discover St. James Quay
ImageDiscover a New Chapter in This Riverside Story
St James Quay offers all the conveniences of the city centre, combined with the tranquility of this riverside location. The apartments are architecturally designed to capture the spirit and history of the land, built to the highest standard, and finished with luxurious interiors.
ImageBuilding on Rich Heritage
Every element has been meticulously considered, with an eye to the future, and a nod to the past. Brick facades reflect history, from the Georgian mills to the Victorian printworks, whilst modern-day conveniences like underfloor heating and car charging points reflect all the advantages of the present-day.
ImageDestined to Become the Destination
Living here means everything is on your doorstep. Take a short stroll along the riverside footpath from your home to find delicious meals to excellent shops.
- Cycle to chapel field shopping centre in just 4 mins
- Norwich Train Station is located less than a mile away
- 13 min stroll along the riverfront to Jarrolds wine bar
- Reinforced concrete structural frame and outer brickwork with cavity insulation.
- Concrete floors
- Exterior treatments are a combination of red, brown and grey facing bricks
- Aluminium rain-water goods
- Gloss units with soft close doors and drawers
- Caesarstone worktop with matching upstand
- Bosch ceramic hob with glass splashback
- Bosch integrated single oven
- Bosch integrated microwave
- Zanussi integrated dishwasher
- Zanussi integrated fridge/freezer
- Integrated cooker hood
- Blanco stainless steel under mounted sink with contemporary Blanco mixer tap
- LED feature lighting to wall units
- Zanussi washer/dryer (freestanding in hallway cupboard
Kitchen designs and layouts vary; please speak to our Sales Executives for further information
Bathroom & En-Suite
- Bath with shower over and glass screen
- Dark wood effect vanity tops with matching bath panel
- Large format wall and floor tiles
- Heated chrome towel rail
- Low profile shower tray with glass shower door
- Dark wood effect feature mirror with LED lighting and matching vanity tops (to bathroom where no en-suite)
- Large format wall and floor tiles
- Heated chrome towel rail
Heating & Water
- Underfloor heating throughout each apartment
- Heated chrome towel rails to bathroom and en-suite
- Heating via communal heating plant
- Downlights to kitchen/living/dining room, bathroom and en-suite
- Pendant fittings to selected locations including entrance hall and all bedrooms
- LED feature lighting to wall units in kitchen
- White moulded electrical switches and sockets throughout
- Shaver sockets to bathroom and en-suite
- TV, BT and data points to selected locations
- Wiring for customer’s own broadband connection
- Pre-wired for customer’s own Sky Q connection
- Video entry system to every apartment, linked to main entrance door
- External lighting to balcony/terrace
- Hard-wired smoke and heat detectors
- Sprinkler system to all apartments
- Spur for customer’s own installation of security alarm panel
- Amtico flooring to entrance hall and kitchen/living/dining room
- Carpet to bedrooms
- Large format tiles to bathroom and en-suite
- Painted solid front entrance door with multi-point locking system
- High efficiency double glazed aluminium timber composite windows
- White painted flush internal doors with contemporary brushed stainless steel ironmongery
- Built in mirrored wardrobe with sliding doors to master bedroom
- Square cut skirting and architrave
- Walls painted in white emulsion
- Smooth ceilings in white emulsion
- Porcelain tiles to balconies/terraces
- Metal privacy screen to terraces
Communal Areas & Parking
- Fob controlled access system to entrance lobby
- Lift access to all floors
- Cycle and bin storage space
- Letterboxes provided for all apartments within communal entrance lobby
- Undercroft or surface parking available to purchase with selected apartments
- Allocated electric charging points for communal use
The apartment building/s and non-adopted areas at St James Quay will be maintained by a management company of which every home owner will become a member once all the properties have been sold and conveyed. A managing agent has been appointed to maintain these areas and a service charge will be payable by each home owner for the services provided.
- 10 year NHBC warranty
We are unable to accommodate any individual changes, additions or amendments to the specification, layout or plans to any individual home. Please note that it may not be possible to obtain the products as referred to in the specification; in such cases a similar alternative will be provided. Hill reserve the right to make these changes as required.
Ways to buy
Ways to buy
ImageRiverside Living at Its Finest
Enjoy the peace of the River Wensum, named from the Anglo-Saxon word for winding. Follow the thread of this beautiful waterway through the centre of Norwich. The riverside walk is peaceful, traffic-free, and offers you a uniquely idyllic journey across to the train station, or into the centre of Norwich. The Wensum brims with wildlife. Peek behind the weeping willows to discover otters, swans, kingfishers, and maybe even a seal who’s travelled in from the coast for a freshwater snack! With such thriving natural wonders, it’s no surprise that the Wensum is the most protected river in Europe, as both a Site of Special Scientific Interest, and a Special Area of Conservation.
ImageNorwich - a Fine City
Make your home at St James Quay and you’ll benefit from all Norwich has to offer, from a brilliant food scene to an excellent cultural offering; all helping you to find the perfect balance between work and play. With two universities, two cathedrals, and one impressive castle, this is a compact city with big aspirations, offering plenty to do and lots to explore. Just ten minutes walk from your city apartment you’ll find, independent shops, delicious meals, and excellent bars.
Described by Thomas Fuller, an English historian, as “a city in an orchard” in 1662, Norwich is the only city in England in the centre of a National Park and is full of lovely parks, hidden woods, and unexpected nature. From your riverside home, you’re only a short half hour walk from Mousehold Heath, 184 acres of fairytale woodland.
Norwich boasts two universities as well as a host of excellent educational institutions for all ages, among this is Norwich School; a selective English independent day school in the grounds of Norwich Cathedral. It is one of the oldest schools in the United Kingdom, it has a traceable history to 1096. Below are some most regarded education facilities in the area:
- Magdalen Gates Primary School - 0.6 miles
- Norwich School - 1.5 miles
- Notre Dame High School - 2.1 miles
- University of East Anglia - 2.7 miles
- Norwich University of Arts - 1.4 miles
- Norwich City College - 0.7 miles
ImageDiverse & Proudly Independent
Caffeine culture is booming in Norwich, with delicious roasts available throughout the city. The much-loved Norwich Lanes are packed full of independent shops. It’s worth wandering down the Royal Arcade for the Art Deco architecture alone, but you’ll find plenty of gorgeous shops too. Stroll along to St Benedict’s for a spot to eat. It’s a smorgasbord of delicacies, typical of the Norwich eatery scene, including local icons and Michelin guide picks. Head out for a gig, play, or comedy show, and then, to round the evening off end the night with a drink or two at one of Norwich’s independent pubs or bars.
Norwich market, winner of the Best Large Outdoor Market in 2019 is a place where you can skip the supermarket and buy fresh, local, and independent: the stallholders source the best food from miles around.
ImageExtremely Well Connected
A gentle 20 minute riverside walk from St James Quay to Norwich train station or a 17 minute walk to Norwich bus station will give access to all popular destinations within a couple of hours.
Norwich International Airport is just 16 minutes by car and offers a host of international destinations for you to explore.
ConnectivityConnected by TrainImageImage
Nuffield Health & Leisure0.2 miles
Wig & Pen Public House0.2 miles
Shiki Japanese Restaurant0.4 miles
Norwich Train Station0.6 miles
Norwich Market0.6 miles
Jarrold Dept. Store0.6 miles
John Lewis0.8 miles
A gentle 20 minute riverside walk from St James Quay to Norwich train station and Norwich International Airport is just 16 minutes by car and offers a host of international destinations for you to explore.Connected by CarImageImage
St James Quay is perfectly placed for access to the A11 and beyond.Connected by BusImageImage
Just a 17 minute walk to Norwich bus station will give access to all popular destinations in less than 30 minutes.Landscape LogoImage
Get in touch
Visit us at our Sales Suite today and view our stunning one bedroom show apartment
Sales SuiteBarrack StreetNorwichNorfolkNR3 1TYGet directionsContact the Sales Team01603 882425Opening hoursSunday: 10:00-17:30
Virtual Tours and Video Calls also availableImage