About the role
As a Senior Contract Surveyor, you will be responsible for the cash management of a project, by minimising cost and maximising value through proactive analysis and facilitation of works package and the building process to maximise profitability to the business.
You will contain, control and accurately report historic costs from a project, and the future financial projections whilst adhering by the Quality Management system (ISO9001) and other company procedures as appropriate.
Depending on the size of project, complexity and risk, the role will either be a standalone Senior Contract Surveyor who will have the responsibility of a project or acting as part of a larger team 'Management Team' working with/for Commercial/Surveying Managers.
You will have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to work collaboratively, building good working relationships with the confident to manage and lead a team.
The ideal candidate will have an appropriate Quantity Surveying qualification, Construction degree or relevant degree/higher education course (HND/HNC Building Studies) and have obtained a membership or being working towards a membership for MCIOB or RICS. You will also be able to demonstrate a strong understanding/ experience of the following:
- Experience in Contract/Quantity Surveying and construction budgets and able to demonstrate knowledge in all areas of construction techniques and mixed-tenure schemes
- Experience of joint venture schemes
- Strong Commercial background with experience working with a contractor or residential developer
- Strong knowledge and appreciation of UK building regulations and health and safety requirements within construction
- Strong competency of remeasurement for Piling, Groundworks, RC Frame & Brickwork
- Good knowledge and understanding of compliance with H & S legislation, policies, safety plans, risk assessments and method statements
- Ability to pro-actively provide feedback to the supply chain
- Experience in Value Engineering
- Full understanding of the financial & contractual structure of your particular project
- Experience of Demolition, Civils, RC Frame, Basement Works and Metsec works
You will be a driven and passionate individual, who has excellent numerical and problem solving skills and able to demonstrate an understanding of he build of the project you are working on.
Hill is an award-winning housebuilder and one of the leading developers in London, the home counties, and the south, delivering both private for sale and affordable homes.
Now in its 23rd year, this family-owned and operated company has grown to establish itself as the UK's second-largest privately-owned housebuilder, with an impressive and diverse portfolio of schemes ranging from landmark, mixed-use regeneration schemes and inner-city apartments to homes in rural communities.
Employing over 730 staff, the company operates from five strategically located regional offices, with its head office based in Waltham Abbey.