The development is part of the UK’s first eco town, with highly efficient true zero carbon homes. The project also included connecting the development to the District Heating Scheme and included a complex layout with homes on either side of a river corridor.
Elmsbrook is the only eco town in the UK which adheres to the Government’s strict eco town policies, including:
- Achieving Code for Sustainable Homes Level 5
- Achieving zero net carbon dioxide emissions
- All homes designed for climate change adaption
- Ensuring that 40% of the total development is allocated green space
- Incorporating water conservation to achieve water neutrality
- Priority is given to eco-friendly modes of transport such as walking, cycling and public transport