The pilot homes, which will be located in three 3-bedroom and two 4-bedroom houses in the first phase of the development, will demonstrate the approach with the intention of rolling it our widely in future phases.
The Active Homes trial will also have installation of in-home monitoring and the collection of 18 months in-use data. This will include energy and environmental performance, which will be tracked together with experiences, reactions and behaviour of residents in relation to the homes.
We will compare the five trial homes to two of our standard homes at Marleigh, to see how the interventions have benefited the customers and the wider environment.
The five homes, like all homes at Marleigh, will also have access to EV charging pods for electric vehicles.
What will be included in the Active Homes?
- Building Integrated with Solar PV Panel on east-facing roofs
- 500mm insulation in roof
- Triple glazed Passivhaus certified doors and windows
- Mechanical Ventilation and Heat Recovery
- 300mm insulation in walls to meet Passivhaus standards
- Electric meter
- Passivhaus entrance door
- Battery and EV charging point (located in the garage in the 4-bedroom houses)
- Air source and heat pump for hot water (located in rear garden in the 4-bedroom houses)
- No thermal bridging at building junctions
- 200mm insulation in ground floor
- Airtightness to meet Passivhaus standard