This stunning four bedroom, semi-detached home offers the best of family living, set across three floors. The ground floor benefits from a stylish kitchen/dining room with French doors leading out to the rear garden, plus a separate living room and an integral garage. The first floor offers three double bedrooms, one with en-suite, and an elegant family bathroom, while the top floor is dedicated to the spacious master bedroom with fitted wardrobe and beautiful en-suite shower room.
|Kitchen/Dining/Family Room||5.90m x 5.15m||19'4" x 17'0"|
|Living Room||3.45m x 5.00m||11'4" x 16'5"|
|Bedroom 2||3.25m x 4.60m||17'3" x 21'0"|
|Bedroom 3||3.40m x 4.50m||11'3" x 14'9"|
|Bedroom 4||3.40m x 3.50m||11'3" x 11'6"|
|Master Bedroom||5.25m x 6.40m||17'3" x 21'0"|
Contemporary and stylish bespoke kitchen designed for the individual house type and featuring high gloss doors and drawers with Caesarstone worktops and matching upstands. Energy efficient and sleek appliances have been selected to complement the look and design of the kitchen.
• Bosch ceramic hob with glass splash back (where applicable)
• Bosch integrated double oven
• Bosch integrated microwave
• Zanussi integrated fridge/freezer
• Zanussi integrated dishwasher
• Cooker hood – integrated or ceiling hood as applicable
• Blanco stainless steel under mounted sink with contemporary Blanco mixer tap
• LED feature lighting to wall units
• Soft close to doors and drawers
• Integrated pull out waste bin with recycling facility
• Zanussi integrated washer/dryer
Kitchen designs and layouts vary; please speak to our Sales Executives for further information.
Ideal Standard sanitary ware combined with Hansgrohe taps and showers are used throughout and dark wood
effect vanity tops add a touch of elegance to create stunning bathrooms and en-suites.
• Bath with shower over and glass screen to bathroom (where no separate shower enclosure)
• Low profile shower tray with glass shower screen/door to en-suites (and plot 15 bathroom)
• Dark wood effect vanity tops or dark wood effect feature mirror with LED lighting and matching vanity top to master en-suite
• Large format wall and floor tiles
• Heated chrome towel rails
• Amtico flooring to entrance hall, WC, kitchen, kitchen/ dining room, dining/living room, utility room and TV room
• Carpet to separate living room, stairs, landing and bedrooms
• Large format tiles to bathroom and en-suites
• Secured by Design front door with multipoint locking system
• High efficiency double glazed UPVC windows, with matching swing doors, finished white inside
• Roof lights, where shown on floor plans are finished white internally and grey externally
• Up and over garage door, colour to match front door
• White painted timber staircase with carpeted treads and risers
• White painted internal doors with contemporary satin stainless steel ironmongery
• Built in mirrored wardrobe with sliding doors to master bedroom
• Square cut skirting and architrave
• Walls painted in white emulsion
• Smooth ceilings in white emulsion
• Underfloor heating to ground floor, radiators to upper floors
• Heated chrome towel rails to bathroom and en-suites
• LPG boiler for heat and hot water
• Hot water cylinder
• Downlights to kitchen, kitchen/dining room, bathroom, en-suites, WC and utility room
• Pendant fittings to entrance hall, living room, dining/living room, TV room, landings and all bedrooms
• LED feature lighting to wall units in kitchen
• White moulded electrical switches and sockets throughout
• Shaver sockets to bathroom and en-suites
• TV points to kitchen/dining room, dining/living room, living room and all bedrooms
• Phone points to kitchen/dining room, dining/living room, living room, master bedroom and bedroom 2
• Data points to living room and selected locations on upper floors
• Wiring for customer’s own broadband connection
• Pre-wired for customer’s own SkyQ connection
• External lighting to front and rear of property
• Light and power to garages and car ports
• Hard-wired smoke and heat detectors
• Spur for customer’s own installation of security alarm panel
• A service charge will be payable by the homeowners at Farriers Yard, for the maintenance of the shared facilities and services
There are many local clubs and societies, ranging from bell-ringing to yoga, and many meet at the Village Hall. Here, there is also a popular regular market with local meats, game, baked savouries, crafts, and even fresh produce from the local allotments on offer. The Balsham Feast is a very popular local event and is a biennial summer fair with traditional games, food stalls, dog shows, and live music.
For day-to-day groceries, Balsham Stores and Post Office is well-stocked with all your essentials and nearby Plumbs Dairy offers a free delivery service for milk, groceries and seasonal produce. When it comes to eating out, The Bell provides traditional ‘home-cooked’ pub meals, holds regular quiz nights and events and receives glowing reviews from locals and visitors alike. The Black Bull Pub and Restaurant is a 16th Century Grade II listed building which has been beautifully restored to emphasise its history. Offering four-star rated accommodation, The Black Bull also boasts an AA Rosette menu, has won several awards and features in The Good Pub Guide.
For younger residents, Buttercups Community Pre-school and Meadow Primary School, rated ‘Outstanding’ and ‘Good’ by Ofsted, provide quality early years
education and are just moments from Farriers Yard. For older children, Linton Village College, rated ‘Outstanding’ by Ofsted, is just five miles away and accessible via the school bus service, car or bike.
If you are looking for extra-curricular activities, there are many after-school clubs, as well as cubs, scouts and football for all ages. The latter, along with the village cricket teams meet at the recreation ground, with its recently refurbished sports pavilion.
While a home in Balsham offers you a slower pace of life and a chance to get away from the crowds, with Cambridge on your doorstep you are never far away from world-famous architecture, shopping and culture.
Everything you could need or want is here – from its quaint open-air market, to its iconic universities and punting, to places to eat and shop for all the family, whether you want national pizza chains or Michelin-starred restaurants. There is just as much life to Cambridge in the evening as there is in the daytime – with theatre, concerts, cinema, pubs and bars. All of this is just 10 miles from home.
For impromptu family days out, Duxford Imperial War Museum is 11 miles away and Linton Zoo Conservation Park is just five miles from home. While the area surrounding Balsham boasts many stately homes and gardens, such as the breathtaking Anglesey Abbey or Audley End House, both of which are less than 12 miles from Farriers Yard.
Granta Park, less than six miles from your door, was established 20 years ago and is known globally for its pioneering scientific successes, attracting international employers such as MedImmune, Illumina, Pfizer, and PPD. There are thousands of local and global employers in Cambridge itself, along with many large, public sector organisations. Both Newmarket and Haverhill are within commutable distance, being less than 10 miles away.
Cambridge railway station provides direct and frequent services to London King’s Cross and St Pancras stations and Balsham is just a five minute drive from the A11, which links to the M11 and M25. From days out to the working week, everything is within easy reach.