Hill has an array of properties for first time buyers to step on to the property ladder with. We also offer Help to Buy and a range of incentives across our homes to help you own your first home!
At Hill, we have plenty of properties perfect for first time buyers looking to take their first step on to the property ladder.
Whether you are looking for a home for your family to grow, or your first apartment in the city, we have something for every first time buyer.
With Help to Buy and Help to Buy London, you will only need to save for a 5% deposit, making the dream of owning your first home more of a reality. Find out more about Help to Buy here, or take a look at our helpful Help to Buy guides!
As a first time buyer, you will not need to pay Stamp Duty on properties worth up to £300,000. Where the purchase price is between £300,000 and £500,000, you will pay 5% on the amount above £300,000. If your first home is above £500,000, you will not qualify for first-time buyer’s relief. You can learn more about Stamp Duty here, or you can use our Stamp Duty Calculator to see how much you will need to pay on your first home!
The process of buying a new home doesn’t have to be complicated – here is an outline of what you can expect when you buy from Hill:
- As a first time buyer, you can utilise Help to Buy and save just a 5% deposit to purchase a new home.
- Once you have completed your reservation form and paid a deposit, we will set up a meeting providing you with the opportunity to meet the team, and view discuss the plans of your new home.
- You will need to appoint a solicitor and legal advisor and let us know their contact details so we can liaise with them, and so they can share the draft contracts and any relevant documents with you. Our sales team is happy to recommend a solicitor if you don’t already have one.
- You will need to apply for a mortgage. Our sales team can recommend an independent financial advisor should you need one.
- You must transfer your deposit to your solicitor prior to exchange of contracts, and your solicitor will then make arrangements with our solicitor to exchange contracts.
- Approximately 14 days before you can move in to your new home, we will provide you with a firm legal completion date. Once you have this, you can start making arrangements for your new home.
- Before you move in, we will arrange for you to visit your new home with site manager to make sure you are familiar with all its features.
- On the day of legal completion, we will wait for a call from our solicitor to confirm that funds have been received and your purchase is therefore complete. We will then handover the keys to your new home.
- Our site team will pay you two courtesy visits after you have moved in, to make sure that any questions you may have can be answered.
View our full buying guide here.